WikiGrabber – Growth hacking Tool
WikiGrabber is a growth hacking Tool that finds Wikipedia Pages that need citations and broken or dead Links replacements(Wikipedia Links).
Wikipedia – Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers like us around the world and hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation.
Wikipedia includes 5,601,500 articles and an average of 800 new articles per day. Wikipedia is a site which allows users edit and create and Add information to the Page. Wikipedia has 33,266,153 users with 140770 active users which are the BIG AUDIENCE. Growth hackers use this Wikipedia platform to get links from Wikipedia by sharing the best information to the Wikipedia, yes it is a No Follow link but can get you a huge number of audience with one link from Wikipedia.
How to use wikigrabber to build Wikipedia links ?
- Go to wikigrabber
- Enter the relevant search query in the wikigrabber search box and hit search
- It gives results of wiki pages where it needs citations, broken links or dead links
- Once you get results, all the pages shown in the result set requires Citation, so you can easily pick few pages according to your niche and start link building.
Things to consider before adding links to Wikipedia pages
- Building high-quality free backlinks when you are inserting a link in wiki page make sure that the quality of the article is very high and informative.
- Register and Join Wikipedia as an editor and help the wiki by performing some editing.
- Do not just edit contents for the sake of editing. Make sure there is a genuine reason for editing the article else you will be removed as an editor.
- Find and edit articles which have scope to add more contents and references.
- Build a trust level for some time and then try adding links on the pages that have content which is relevant to your product or blog.
- Other wiki editors will be watching you and if they suspect you on any wrongdoing, they might remove you.
- Do not spam links in the wiki, it will come back and hurt you if Google finds it suspicious. Be organic and build the links in the smarter way.